A recent McLaughlin poll sponsored by the Chiroscuro Foundation reveals that most New York voters are opposed to the fundamental principles of Cuomo’s abortion expansion agenda. A vast majority of New Yorkers believe (78.8%), when they are informed of the number of abortions in New York, believe there is already sufficient access to abortion in New York State.
- 75% oppose changing the law so that someone other than a doctor can perform surgical abortions
- 89% oppose abortions for reducing twins or triplets to a single child
- 92% oppose late-term abortions for sex selection
The Reproductive Health Act bundled with a Woman’s Equality Act not only deregulates abortion but would make it immune to future regulation by making it a fundamental human right. Yet the poll revealed that New Yorkers overwhelming favor restrictions on abortion:
- 87% favor providing pregnant mothers information about options before they make a decision
- 78% approve of a 24 hour waiting period
- 76% approve parental notification when a minor seeks an abortion
- 68% approve of providing free medical care to mothers carrying their pregnancy to term
- 86% favor regulating abortion clinics as strictly as other medical facilities
Why are Governor Cuomo and the New York State legislature ignoring the voice of the people?
Stand Up. Call or email your representatives to remind them that most of their voters oppose abortion expansion.
Speak Out. The majority of New York voters stand with us! Get involved in the conversation on social media to keep up the public pressure on NY legislators. Visit NewYorkersforLife.org.
Buy In. Donate here to support CompassCare’s life-giving work in the face of this heinous legislation.